Guests Paying For Their Own Lunches
How to ask people to pay for their lunch?
Thank you for your etiquette question. It is actually against baby shower etiquette to ask your guests to pay for their own lunches at a baby shower. As a hostess, it is your responsibility to cover the food costs for your guests.
The baby shower is "your gift" to the mom to be. The guests' give their gift at the baby shower to the mom. If you are asking this question because your budget is looking a little small...then you will need to scale down the baby shower or ask a close friend to help you host.
A few tips about the budget...
1. Restaurants tend to be more costly to use at the party, but you do not have to worry about cleaning up and in most cases, decorating.
2. The cheapest place to host a shower would be at a home. You don't need to worry about rental fees and you are in charge of the types of food served.
3. If you choose a time that is not near breakfast, lunch or dinner times, then you can just serve appetizers which tend to be less costly.
4. If your budget still looks like it won't cover all of the supplies...simplify, simplify, simplify. Look to see what is necessary and what is not. Cut unnecessary items.
5. Balloons and streamers are a great and inexpensive way to decorate without spending lots of money.
I hope that helps. Good Luck planning the baby shower!
Return to Baby Shower Etiquette Questions
Return to Baby Shower Etiquette
Return To Baby Shower Ideas Home